How often do you run around your home switching off the lights after your family members? It’s frustrating and unnecessary, but just leaving them on costs you money. Today we are going to look at a couple of solutions that can suit everyone’s needs.
2 in 1 Light Switches
These handy little switches are low profile and attractive and offer you the option of using a timed mode or a standard ‘on/off’ option.
They can be retrofitted into most existing switches quickly, easily and at a reasonably low cost:
- Easy to use and set (simply tap on, tap off).
- Available as minute timers (up to 30 minutes); or hour timers (up to 24 hours).
- ‘Indefinitely On’ mode allows you to use them like a normal light switch.
They are great for a range of applications:
- Walk-in Wardrobes
- Toilets & Bathrooms
- Kitchen Pantry
- Outdoor Areas
- Or anywhere that kids frequent, and there is a good chance that lights will be left on.
Sensors are nothing new. They have been used in exterior security lights for decades and can promote a great feeling of safety around your home. What is relatively new though is the use of sensor lights inside your home. They offer some great benefits:
- Up to 30% – 50% energy savings.
- Indoor and outdoor applications – for all weather conditions.
- Available in 90, 110 and 360-degree detection.
- Surface and flush mount models.
- Improves safety when your hands are full.
- Promote security around the home.
They can be used in many of the same applications as 2 in 1 switch but have the added benefit of taking away the need for switches.
Getting Them Installed
These solutions can be retrofitted into most existing homes, and even if your existing switch doesn’t suit, it doesn’t take long for one of our skilled electricians to switch you across. We have local electricians that can help with your home lighting installation and other electrical needs.
Call The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor and we’ll have one of our technicians come round and give you a price. We are serving areas in Canberra, Newcastle, Central Coast, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens.
THE DOCTOR GETS IT DONE