Solar Hot Water Systems
The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor experts provide efficient, affordable solar hot water systems for homes and businesses. Our team of experienced professionals provides comprehensive installation and maintenance services to ensure your system runs smoothly.
Get a free quote today!
What Is A Solar Hot Water System?
A solar hot water system, otherwise known as a solar thermal system, uses the heat from the sun to produce hot water. It is the most energy-efficient hot water heater as long as it is correctly installed and properly positioned.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Solar Hot Water Installations On the Market?
- Highline Solar – This solar hot water installation places both the tank and the panel of the roof.
- Low Line Solar – This type of installation has the tank situated on the ground and panels on the roof.
- Evacuated Tube Solar – The solar hot water plumber installs glass tubes instead of flat solar panels. The tank sits on the ground and the tubes lay on the roof.
What Are Solar Hot Water Heaters Made Of?
There are several types of solar hot water systems available in the market. They differ significantly between brands and types. The components are basically the same in solar hot water installations and are usually made up of:
- Solar Collectors – These are the panels that are usually installed on the roofs. These contain an absorber plate that captures the radiation coming from the sun and converts it to heat energy. The number of installed collectors varies based on the amount of sunshine needed and the hot water demand of the business or household.
- Heat Transfer Fluids – These are the antifreeze or potable water that transports the heat from the collectors to the heat exchangers.
- Systems Controller – It regulates the temperature inside the tank to make sure it’s not excessively hot and makes sure that the heat transfer fluids carry sufficient heat.
- Heat Exchangers – These pipes are located in the storage tank and receive the heat from the heat transfer fluids. When these are completely filled in with the heat transfer fluids, the heat is channeled through the water in the storage.
- Storage Tanks – This is where hot water is kept and stored.
- Boosters – Boosters can be electrical or gas-fuelled. These hot water systems serve as a backup when there is no sufficient sunlight to power the solar hot water system.
Pros And Cons Of Purchasing An Electric Water Heater
How Often Will I Require Repairs?
Your electric hot water heater is near its end! You’re not sure what is wrong with it but one thing is for sure you have no hot water. When it comes to electric hot water systems and their faults, we have three solutions:
Depending on the type of system that you have will affect the likelihood of repairs. For example, high-line solar hot water systems have no mechanical parts with the exception of the element and thermostat. Therefore, these require fewer repairs than the low-line systems that rely on a pump and sensors to move hot water from the ground to the panels.
Customers ring the Plumbing and Electrical Doctor and complain that their solar hot water system has never worked properly and that they would like it replaced with a different type. The most important consideration when it comes to solar hot water is to have an effective solar hot water system installation. For instance, for the solar water heater to work at its optimum it needs a good northerly aspect without any shade at the correct angle for maximum effectiveness.
If you are thinking about installing solar hot water or even replacing your existing solar water heater, then please do your research and choose a solar hot water system that has the best warranties, and is most suited to your family or business.
Need Advice Or A New Solar Hot Water Heater? Contact Us Today!
We love solar hot water. The Plumbing and Electrical Doctor is an established solar water heater installation company for over 16 years now. There isn’t too much we haven’t seen when it comes to solar hot water installation with different solar water heater brands such as Rheem, Bosch, Apricus, Thermann, and Rinnai.
List of Popular Product Brand of Hot Water System