Here Are Some Tips On How You Can Unblock Your Drain The old Fashion Way
1. Handy Plunger
2. Try Using A Wire Coat Hanger
Straighten out the wire and then bend the end like a fish hook. You can use this to remove debris like hairs, toilet paper or food residue that has caused the blockage. Just be careful in using it since it may cause damage to the pipes. Also, if you feel resistance when trying to use this improvised tool, do not aggravate the problem by pushing down the blockage further down the pipes.
3. Pour A Kettle Of Boiling Water Inside The Blocked Pipe
What are the signs I should be aware of to determine that there’s a possible blockage?
Use your senses, to look, smell, and listen. If you notice any of the following signs, you may have a possible blockage.
- If you see a puddle of water or overflowing water coming out of your drains, or your toilet won’t flush properly.
- Is there a foul odour coming out of your drains or toilet?
- Or you hear a gurgling sound coming from your drain pipes/drainage system or toilet.
4. Use A DIY Solution Or Cleaner
5. Remove The U-Shaped Pipe
Here is another article that you may find interesting in regards to “Do I call a Plumber or a Drainer to clear my drains?
If all your old-fashioned ways do not work, then it would be time to contact us at 13 10 91 in cleaning your blocked drains. We are serving areas in Canberra, Newcastle, Central Coast, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, and Port Stephens.
At The Plumbing and Electrical Doctor we have made these articles downloadable to PDF for our customer’s convenience.